We all enjoy sunny days and lazy summer evenings. However, the long summer days end sooner or later, and you will have to prepare again for autumn and winter. In order for your home to remain cozy in winter, at the end of summer, house cleaning is always done before the cold weather. Deep cleaning services are what you need before and after summer. Cleaning services will help you with this.
Here is a summer cleaning checklist to get you started.
Get outside before the cold weather sets in.
With the weather still warm around here, the end of summer is the perfect time to take care of outdoor cleaning projects before it gets too cold. Think of all the things you can do outside while it’s still pleasant enough. Don’t wait for autumn to come or these projects will give way to other projects like leaf raking and decorating for the holidays.
- Clean your grill and make sure it’s ready for storage.
- Wash the front of your house and patio with a spray bottle or pressure washer.
- Wash the outside of windows and screens.
- Remove excess toys or debris left by children or pets from the yard.
- Wash your car inside and out.
Whether you keep your summer and pool toys in your attic, garage, or shed, be sure to use containers with lids to keep out dirt, dust, and moisture. The more you can do to eliminate additional stress this fall and winter, the better.
Summer home maintenance will help you prepare for the winter.
Summer cleaning will keep your home fresh and clean, but that’s not all. A few simple steps will help you easily prepare your home for the winter in order to stay cozy in the cold.
- While you are cleaning these windows from the outside, check them for cracks, gaps, and other places where warm air can escape and cool air can enter. Check seals where windows and doors meet frames for worn or damaged areas. Close all gaps and replace worn seals.
- Clear the gutters before the leaves fall. Check the gutters for leaks or places that could be causing problems. Seal any cracks or holes with a flexible sealant. Now is also a good time to check your siding for holes or places where pests can get in for the winter.
Purify the air before you close your home for the winter.
During the summer, most of us keep the windows closed and the air conditioner on. Dirt, dust, pollen and other pollutants accumulated over the summer are ready to wreak havoc on asthmatics and allergy sufferers. The end of summer is the perfect time to get rid of all those allergens before the cold sets in.
Clean ceiling fans. Ceiling fans collect a lot of dust and debris in the summer, and some of it gets into the air you breathe with every turn. Vacuum the case over the screws to get rid of accumulated dust. Use an old pillowcase to clean the screws, or just wash them with soap and water. Be careful not to get the case area wet.
Replace the air cleaner filter inside the house and check the system. Air filters will help keep dust, pollen and other allergens out of your home and allow your heating and cooling system to work more efficiently.